expectverbuk /ɪkˈspekt/ us /ɪkˈspekt/
expect verb (THINK)
- I don't expect we'll have any more trouble from him.
- Gosh, I didn't expect to see you here!
- I'd expected to put weight on when I gave up smoking, but I didn't.
- Our department expects to make five new appointments this year alone.
- This is your captain speaking. We expect to be landing at London Heathrow in an hour's time.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
expect verb (DEMAND)
expect verb (BE PREGNANT)