expertnoun [C]uk /ˈek.spɜːt/ us /ˈek.spɝːt/
- We need to bring in an expert to deal with this problem.
- He's an expert on 15th-century Italian art.
- Bomb disposal experts have defused a 110-pound bomb at Victoria Station.
- The competition will be judged by a panel of experts.
- Most medical experts believe that breast-feeding is better than bottle-feeding.
expertadjective [before noun]uk /ˈek.spɜːt/ us /ˈek.spɝːt/
- We need expert advice, and that's why we've called you in.
- A psychiatrist was called as an expert witness for the defence.
- There is a wealth of expert knowledge to be found in this university.
- At a time like this you need expert help, not just the help your friends can provide.
- Could you cast your expert eye over this plan for me, please, and tell me what you think?