exploitationnoun [ U ]uk /ˌek.splɔɪˈteɪ.ʃən/ us /ˌek.splɔɪˈteɪ.ʃən/
exploitation noun [ U ] (GOOD USE)
- The protection of the Antarctic from commercial exploitation is an important goal of environmentalists.
- The ruthless exploitation of the world's resources is rapidly destroying our planet.
- Exploitation by colonial powers in the past is often blamed for the continuing problems in these countries.
- The company is accused of child exploitation, which is a very serious charge.
- Fair trade measures are essential to stop the exploitation of small Third-World coffee farmers.
exploitation noun [ U ] (UNFAIR USE)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words