explosionnounuk /ɪkˈspləʊ.ʒən/ us /ɪkˈsploʊ.ʒən/
explosion noun (BURST)
- Fortunately there was no one in the house at the time of the explosion.
- The explosion sent pieces of metal and glass hurtling through the air.
- Eight people, including two children, were injured in the explosion.
- The explosion brought the whole building crashing to the ground.
- Witnesses say that there was an explosion and then the plane dropped from the sky.
explosion noun (EMOTION)
explosion noun (INCREASE)
explosion noun (FALSE IDEA)