extraadjectiveuk /ˈek.strə/ us /ˈek.strə/
extraadverbuk /ˈek.strə/ us /ˈek.strə/
- Do you have to pay extra for installation?
- It won't cost much extra, so we might just as well stay for another night.
- They charge extra for any additional passengers.
- The hotel is full at the moment - we're extra busy because it's the tourist season.
- I only expected her to help with the children, but she did so much extra around the house.
extranoun [C]uk /ˈek.strə/ us /ˈek.strə/
extra noun [C] (SOMETHING MORE)
extra noun [C] (FILMS)
extra noun [C] (CRICKET)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: