factnoun [ C or U ]uk /fækt/ us /fækt/
as a matter of fact B1 also in (actual) fact
facts and figures
- The fact that Debbie is always late has become a joke among her friends.
- Two opposed interpretations of the facts have been presented.
- I'm not calling you a liar - I'm just suggesting that you misunderstood the facts of the situation.
- He said that he wasn't completely sure of his facts.
- I think there is one key fact that you have overlooked.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: