factornoun [C]uk /ˈfæk.tər/ us /ˈfæk.tɚ/
factor noun [C] (FACT)
- Diet and exercise can influence a person's weight, but heredity is also a factor.
- Smoking is a causative factor in the development of several serious diseases, including lung cancer.
- Too little exercise is a contributory factor in heart disease.
- The environmental argument was a deciding factor.
- We need to take a lot of factors into account in our decision-making.
factor noun [C] (NUMBER)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: