family mannoun [ C ]uk /ˈfæm.əl.i ˌmæn/ us /ˈfæm.əl.i ˌmæn/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- From that time, Harvey, with judicious encouragement over a few hard spots, has become a good family man and a regular provider.
- He suffered many hardships in his youth, and grew up a quiet, industrious, family man.
- He was a family man, with a stout wife and married son.
- Here, for instance, is an obnoxious candidate who is a quiet, respectable, honest, church-going family man.
- They built themselves houses with wooden frames, covered with reeds and rushes, learned to converse in the native language, and became family men.