family roomnoun [ C ]/ˈfæm.əl.i ˌruːm/ us /ˈfæm.əl.i ˌruːm/
Examples from literature
- He admitted us and took us into the family room, where there was a lamp dimly burning on a center-table.
- He was taken into the family room, and passed a very pleasant hour with the jolly brewer, his friendly wife, and the two "nice girls."
- Her son who had grown up big, while she grew down little, went back to the family room with her.
- The family room looked very small and very mean, and the downward staircase by which it was attained looked very narrow and very crooked.
- The main point is to have all the family rooms on one level.