farenounuk /feər/ us /fer/
fare noun (PAYMENT)
- Take some foreign currency to cover incidentals like the taxi fare to your hotel.
- Train fare increases of five percent are envisaged for the next year.
- Please tender the exact fare.
- Government sources estimate a long-term 50 percent increase in rail fares.
- The airline's decision to cut air fares is likely to unsettle the market.
fare noun (FOOD)
fareverb [I usually + adv/prep]uk /feər/ us /fer/ old-fashioned
- balancing act
- be left holding the baby idiom
- bear up
- bite off more than you can chew idiom
- keep body and soul together idiom
- keep the wolf from the door idiom
- keep your head above water idiom
- keep/hold your end up idiom
- live (from) hand to mouth idiom
- sink or swim idiom
- take sth in your stride idiom