farmhandnoun [ C ]uk /ˈfɑːm.hænd/ us /ˈfɑːrm.hænd/
Examples from literature
- But one day a spy, who did work disguised as a farmhand, was discovered.
- Every day, at noon, fifteen persons, masters, farmhands and the women folks, seated themselves around the long kitchen table where the soup was brought in steaming in a large, blue-flowered bowl.
- George Wilson had last been heard of, twenty years before, as a farmhand, in Illinois, and his whereabouts were at this time unknown.
- He was wearing a slouch hat, instead of his beloved silk one, and was attired in shabby garments, as befitted his character of a farmhand.
- The two Russians made good farmhands, and in summer they worked out together.