farmlandnoun [ U ]uk /ˈfɑːm.lænd/ us /ˈfɑːrm.lænd/
Examples from literature
- But there were other regions where for many a mile the timber had been hewn away, had given place to a ragged continuity of farmland.
- Farmland surrounded the villages and was farmed by the community as a whole under the direction of a lord.
- From the room allotted to me I could look out over a varied prospect of farmland and heath, terminated by the woody slopes which everywhere hemmed in the valley.
- I have run several thousand feet of butternut lumber from my farmland through my own sawmill and used it for a variety of purposes.
- The man doesn't call the creation of five hundred thousand square miles of new farmland destructive exploitation, does he?