farmsteadnoun [ C ]uk /ˈfɑːm.sted/ us /ˈfɑːrm.sted/ US
Examples from literature
- Below, in the dale, lay the villages with their clustered farmsteads and their square-towered churches of Norman foundation.
- He saw neither hamlets nor farmsteads, and found no water.
- It was an eight-roomed farmstead, with no modern conveniences.
- Scattered farmsteads, each with a clump of trees, relieved the monotony of the undulating ground.
- The lonely farmstead on the uplands had been till now a very happy and tranquil home.