farriernoun [ C ]uk /ˈfær.i.ər/ us /ˈfer.i.ɚ/
Examples from literature
- After the second interview the King felt persuaded that one circumstance had been related to him by the farrier, which he alone knew, and which had happened more than twenty years before.
- As for the farrier himself, he was equally reserved.
- He saw the thin lines of smoke from the chimneys of each household, and the more copious outpourings from the forges of the van-builder, the blacksmith, and the farrier.
- Jerome sat himself contented down, and put me through my paces like some farrier showing off a foundered nag.
- With an eye to business, a few traveling farriers hang about this pass, and find occasional employment in setting shoes.