fashionnounuk us /ˈfæʃ.ən/
fashion noun (POPULAR STYLE)
- We did a fashion shoot on the beach, with the girls modelling swimwear.
- Whatever the latest fashion trend, you can be sure Nicki will be wearing it.
- There's a double-page spread on the latest fashions.
- Our fashion editor gives you the lowdown on winter coats for this season.
- They made their money in the fashion business.
fashion noun (MANNER)
- During the bomb scare, the customers were asked to proceed in an orderly fashion out of the shop.
- He gets on with things in his own peculiar fashion.
- Charles picked at his food in a bored fashion.
- The developers dealt with the problem in the time-honoured fashion, burying the industrial waste in landfill sites.
- Paul, in typically rude fashion, told him he was talking rubbish.