favouriteadjective [ before noun ]UK US favorite uk /ˈfeɪ.vər.ɪt/ us /ˈfeɪ.vər.ət/
- Swimming is my favourite form of exercise.
- She imagined herself sitting in her favourite armchair back home.
- 'Carmen' is my favourite opera.
- She'd booked a table for four at their favourite restaurant.
- My favourite subjects at school were history and geography.
favouritenoun [ C ]UK US favorite uk /ˈfeɪ.vər.ɪt/ us /ˈfeɪ.vər.ət/
Great Gold is the favourite in the 2.00 race at Epsom.
- It would be quite an upset if the favourite didn't win.
- The film 'White Christmas' is a perennial favourite.
- The odds-on favourite to win in the 3.30 race is Killjoy.
- Manchester United and Arsenal were the pre-season favourites.
- The band was belting out all the old favourites.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words