feather boanoun [ C ]uk /ˌfeð.ə ˈbəʊ.ə/ us /ˌfeð.ɚ ˈboʊ.ə/
Examples from literature
- And then they—what? breathed Carter, playing with the loose ribbons of her feather boa.
- And these defects she emphasized by means of a wide hat and a long feather boa.
- Gilt earrings glistened in the ears, a dark curly fringe covered forehead and eyebrows, and the chin was embedded in a tawdry feather boa of a muddy hue.
- Glancing up sideways, he saw that close to him was a very beautiful young girl, who wore a traveling cloak of pearl gray, and a long feather boa, which the draft had blown across his sleeve.
- He took the hat from her and her feather boa.