femaleadjectiveuk us /ˈfiː.meɪl/
female adjective (SEX)
- His act tended to attract an exclusively female audience.
- A female lion defends her young ferociously.
- The author discusses why female beauty has become linked to thinness.
- The appointment of a female director is a quantum leap for women's equality.
- Do you agree that male and female roles are becoming blurred ?
female adjective (CONNECTING PART)
femalenoun [C]uk us /ˈfiː.meɪl/
- Male non-smoker, 36, GSOH, would like to meet interesting female.
- The male bird displays several characteristics which distinguish him from the female.
- During the rut, stags can be seen fighting for females.
- Males and females will be treated equally during the application process.
- Police are looking for a white female between the ages of 20 and 35.