femurnoun [ C ]uk /ˈfiː.mər/ us /ˈfiː.mɚ/ plural femurs or femora specialized
Examples from literature
- At the top of the leg is the femur.
- The femur was broken near the hip.
- The left scapula is fractured, likewise the clavicle, and there is a compound fracture of the femur.
- The myeloma is most often met with between the ages of twenty-five and forty in the upper end of the tibia or lower end of the femur.
- There are wide differences in the shape of the skull, thorax, femur, and even the liver.
- These discs surround the tibial spine and are otherwise shaped to fit perfectly between the articular portions of the femur and tibia.