fennelnoun [ U ]uk /ˈfen.əl/ us /ˈfen.əl/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Blanch some fennel in salted water.
- Serve with fennel and parsley chopped, boil, and put into melted butter, and gooseberry sauce.
- Some plants grow in this neighbourhood which put me in mind of my native country—the wild fennel.
- These were baskets or pots filled with earth, in which wheat, barley, lettuces, fennel, and various kinds of flowers were sown and tended for eight days, chiefly or exclusively by women.
- Under the head of aromatic condiments are ranged cinnamon, nutmegs, cloves, allspice, mint, thyme, fennel, sage, parsley, vanilla, leeks, onions, shallots, garlic, and others, all of them entering into the composition of various sauces in general use.