festivalnoun [ C ]uk /ˈfes.tɪ.vəl/ us /ˈfes.tə.vəl/
the Cannes Film Festival
- Traffic diversions will be kept to a minimum throughout the festival.
- We've received permission to go ahead with the music festival in spite of opposition from local residents.
- Preparations for the festival are now proceeding smoothly.
- Hotel rooms in the city are ridiculously overpriced during the festival.
- In the various regions of India, Hindus worship different gods and observe different religious festivals.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: