fewdeterminer, pronounuk us /fjuː/
few determiner, pronoun (SOME)
- The weather is expected to remain clear for the next few days.
- Our costs have climbed rapidly in the last few years.
- After the trip, it was nice getting back to a few home comforts.
- A few rays of sunlight pierced the smoke.
- A few scatter cushions would help to brighten up that old sofa.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
fewdeterminer, pronoun, noun, adjectiveuk us /fjuː/
few determiner, pronoun, noun, adjective (NOT MANY)
- He created a wonderful meal from very few ingredients.
- There are very few fish at depths below 3,000 metres.
- She had a devastating beauty/charm/smile that few men could resist.
- It was a bit dispiriting to see so few people arriving for the meeting.
- The man was standing only a few feet away.