fibrinnoun [ U ]uk /ˈfɪb.rɪn/ us /ˈfaɪ.rɪn/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- Fibrin is liberated, and thromboses occur, especially in the liver.
- The blood plasma, when taken from the vessels, clots or passes from a fluid into a gelatinous or semi-solid condition, which is due to the formation within it of a network of fine threads termed fibrin.
- The raw surface is first covered by a layer of coagulated blood and fibrin.
- The serum is almost entirely free from corpuscles, these being entangled in the fibrin.
- When the thrombus is formed slowly, it consists of white blood cells with a small proportion of fibrin, and, being deposited in successive layers, has a distinctly laminated appearance on section.