field noun (LAND)
field noun (SPORTS GROUND)
take the field
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
field noun (AREA OF INTEREST)
not be/be outside your field
- Grants will be given to establish centres of excellence in this field of research.
- This settlement will resolve one of the most vexatious problems in the field of industrial relations.
- He's the unquestioned leader in his field.
- Historians generally acknowledge her as a genius in her field.
- I've been corresponding with several experts in the field.
field noun (COMPETITORS)
- He came from nowhere, this rank outsider, to beat a field of top-class athletes.
- The field includes Portugal's Rosa Mota, the Olympic, world and European titleholder.
- Although he finished last, you have to remember it was a very strong field.
- Tonight's athletics event has attracted a top-class field.
- He pulled away from the field on the final lap.