fiestanoun [ C ]uk /fiˈes.tə/ us /fiˈes.tə/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- It looks as though it were bedecked for a fiesta.
- Nearly all led by the hand or carried in their arms a little boy or girl decked out as if for a fiesta.
- On Monday the religious of St. Francis held their fiesta in the same church.
- The religious fiestas, as I have said, may be classed among the amusements of the people.
- This year great eight-day fiestas, with masks and illuminations, have been celebrated with much solemnity in the cathedral church and in that of St. Francis.