file noun (CONTAINER)
You'll find it in the files under "C".
- I've lost a file containing a lot of important documents.
- I deleted the file by accident.
- In 1982, the management ordered the deletion of all computer files on this subject.
- I've reorganized my files so that I can easily find what I'm looking for.
- Make a file for these documents and write "finance" on the tab.
file noun (WRITTEN RECORD)
file noun (COMPUTER)
file noun (LINE)
file noun (TOOL)
file verb (STORE/RECORD INFORMATION)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: