filing cabinetnoun [ C ]uk /ˈfaɪ.lɪŋ ˌkæb.ɪ.nət/ us /ˈfaɪ.lɪŋ ˌkæb.ɪ.nət/ UK US file cabinet
Examples from literature
- In the quick glance she gave at her surroundings she was conscious only of the great mahogany desk at which he sat and behind it some filing cabinets and a huge safe, the outer doors of which stood open.
- She went to a tall walnut filing cabinet, and quickly returned with a note, which she thrust into Dundee's willing hands.
- The aged woman working at a filing cabinet turned quickly when she heard the voice of the inquirer.
- The room was cheaply furnished as an office, with a roll-top desk, a revolving chair, and a filing cabinet.
- These cards are then filed by case number in a regular filing cabinet.