findingnounuk us /ˈfaɪn.dɪŋ/
finding noun (DISCOVERY)
- These new findings turn the accepted theories on their head.
- The findings of the survey puzzle me - they're not at all what I would have expected.
- The methodology and findings of the research team have been criticized.
- These findings are inconsistent with those of previous studies.
- The survey's finding is likely to increase the pressure on the local authorities.
- a fishing expedition idiom
- break fresh/new ground idiom
- catch sb red-handed idiom
- happen on/upon sth/sb
- have a (good) nose for sth idiom
- have got something there idiom
- run sb/sth to ground idiom
- search sth/sb out
- sniff sth out
- sniff sth/sb out