finishing schoolnoun [ C ]uk /ˈfɪn.ɪʃ.ɪŋ ˌskuːl/ us /ˈfɪn.ɪʃ.ɪŋ ˌskuːl/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- I wondered if this could really be an inheritance from her well-nerved father or the result of her years as teacher in a finishing school for young ladies.
- Some of this is acquired at fashionable finishing schools or from foreign secretaries and servants.
- The majority of those who came did so not because they contemplated purchasing extensively, but because they wished to see what effect the fashionable finishing school had had upon the girl.
- This is a finishing school for young ladies.
- What Ginger needs is a finishing school, and he's going to start right in attending one this very day.