firing squadnoun [ C ]uk /ˈfaɪə.rɪŋ ˌskwɒd/ us /ˈfaɪ.rɪŋ ˌskwɑːd/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- Barney wondered just what kind of a sensation it was to stand facing a firing squad.
- I'd rather die before a firing squad after an attempt to save my wretched country than live to see it set back a hundred years.
- It halted and the man took his place before the firing squad but a few feet away.
- Suppose they took her for a spy, and that tomorrow's sun found her facing a firing squad?
- The young officer who commanded them was more nervous than the prisoner—it was his first detail with a firing squad.