first classadjective(also first-class) uk /ˌfɜːst ˈklɑːs/ us /ˌfɝːst ˈklæs/
first class adjective (EXCELLENT)
first class adjective (QUALIFICATION)
first class adjective (MOST EXPENSIVE)
- They used to guarantee that a first-class letter would arrive the next day.
- Would you like me to find you a seat in the first-class carriage?
- "How can you call that a first-class service?" snorted one indignant customer.
- We have first- and second-class accommodation on this flight.
- It is worth paying extra for a first-class cabin, in my opinion.
first classadverbuk /ˌfɜːst ˈklɑːs/ us /ˌfɝːst ˈklæs/
first classnoun [U]uk /ˌfɜːst ˈklɑːs/ us /ˌfɝːst ˈklæs/