fishing rodnoun [ C ]uk /ˈfɪʃ.ɪŋ ˌrɒd/ us /ˈfɪʃ.ɪŋ ˌrɑːd/ US fishing pole
Examples from literature
- Gathering up his fishing rod and his basket, he stepped to the river bank and prepared to make another cast into the water.
- He appeared in the path, a basket of wine in one hand, a fishing rod in the other.
- Here they found Phil's fishing rod and also the string of fish he had caught.
- Nearly every boy has a fishing rod and goes fishing whenever he can.
- On the walls hung my two shot guns and my fishing rod.