fixernoun [ C ]uk /ˈfɪk.sər/ us /ˈfɪk.sɚ/ informal
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- He was the world's champion fixer.
- Only the fixer remained silent.
- Sometimes he had to call in a "fixer" to manufacture evidence, that the far-off ends of justice might not be defeated.
- The constable searched all night, and the fixer remained with him as long as he could keep pace with the officer.
- The fixer entered hurriedly, looking sharply around the almost vacant room, he whispered with the boss.