flagnoun [ C ]uk /flæɡ/ us /flæɡ/
flag noun [ C ] (SYMBOL)
- It's a crime to desecrate the country's flag.
- You're not allowed to swim when the red flag is flying.
- The palace flags were all flying at half-mast.
- There were flags on the tops of many of the buildings.
- A flag fluttered from a 40-foot pole.
flag noun [ C ] (STONE)
› UK a flagstone
flag noun [ C ] (PLANT)
flag verb (MARK)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: