flagpolenoun [ C ]uk /ˈflæɡ.pəʊl/ us /ˈflæɡ.poʊl/ also flagstaff
Examples from literature
- Determine to make a large flag and erect a new flagpole.
- Horns and banners were in evidence, and from a flagpole floated the Stars and Stripes.
- Shall we haul up the flagpole?
- Then the street divided to enclose a narrow strip of common adorned with a flagpole greatly in need of a new coat of white paint.
- There's to be a flagpole on the cupola, and Nan says they'll have colors every night and morning.