flattenverb [I or T]uk /ˈflæt.ən/ us /ˈflæt̬.ən/
flatten verb [I or T] (BECOME LEVEL)
- He was immediately flattened by a single punch to the head.
- The whole area was flattened in the bombing raid - not a building was left standing.
- After a few hundred yards, you come to an area where the ground flattens out.
- That tent is not secure, you know. The first gust of wind will flatten it.
- A fight broke out and we had to grab Kevin to stop him flattening the other guy.
flatten verb [I or T] (MAKE THINNER)