noun [ U ] uk /ˈfleʃ.i.nəs/ us /ˈfleʃ.i.nəs/
Examples from literature
- He was a fleshy, jolly man.
- In the soft and fleshy part of the palm at the base of the thumb were the scars of several wounds.
- None of the fleshy fungi have long lives.
- The fleshy part is juicy, and somewhat like the cashew-apple, with a pleasant acidity added.
- The long, slender root becomes fleshy and tender under cultivation, with a flavor, when cooked, somewhat resembling that of the mollusk for which it is named.