float verb (NOT SINK)
- We lashed together anything that would float to make a raft.
- The body hit the water, floated for a few seconds, and then sank to the bottom of the river.
- In science we learned about density, and why oil floats on water.
- In the pool, several ladies were floating on their backs, like starfish, with their arms and legs stretched out.
- "My rubber duck won't float any more!" "Oh dear - it's all full of water, that's why."
float verb (MOVE)
float verb (SUGGEST)
float verb (CHANGE VALUE)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words