floor noun (SURFACE)
floor noun (LEVEL OF BUILDING)
This building has five floors.
Take the elevator to the 51st floor.
We live on the third floor.
floor noun (OPEN SPACE)
a dance floor
- I have an exhibitionist streak that comes out on the dance floor.
- The dance floor was full of middle-aged couples smooching to slushy ballads.
- The panel spoke for an hour before opening the discussion up to the floor.
- He started on the factory floor and worked his way up to the boardroom.
- The other dancers cleared as the bride and groom took to the floor.
floor noun (BOTTOM)
floor verb (HIT)
floor verb (SURPRISE/CONFUSE)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words