flowerpotnoun [ C ]uk /ˈflaʊ.ə.pɒt/ us /ˈflaʊ.ɚ.pɑːt/
Examples from literature
- All along the front of the house are many flowerpots, in which roses and other English flowers are growing.
- And one also finds stupid and pretentious flowers like the rose which belongs in the porcelain flowerpots painted by young girls.
- He brought from the adjoining room a porcelain flowerpot containing a narcissus in bloom.
- On every window sill there are flowerpots, for the Swiss are very fond of flowers.
- This took place before a large open window, with a row of flowerpots on its heavy old granite sill.