fly fishingnoun [ U ]uk /ˈflaɪ ˌfɪʃ.ɪŋ/ us /ˈflaɪ ˌfɪʃ.ɪŋ/
Examples from literature
- Bait casting is as a rule a very effective method of catching fish, especially in shallow lakes and where fly fishing is not practised.
- Fly fishing is not only the most scientific and sportsmanlike method of fishing but it is also the most difficult to acquire skill in.
- Fly fishing is the most expert and scientific method of angling.
- It is useless to go fly fishing while there is snow water in the brooks but just as soon as the first warm days of spring come, then fishing is at its best.
- The best lines for fly fishing are made of braided enamelled silk.