flywheelnoun [ C ]uk /ˈflaɪ.wiːl/ us /ˈflaɪ.wiːl/ specialized
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- Electric current was obtained from a dynamo bolted on to the step of a twenty-horse-power car, and driven by a belt from the flywheel of the engine.
- He gave the flashlight a few more pumps to get its flywheel spinning, then passed it to her.
- In fact, I'm very careful, for there isn't much room between the rim of the flywheel and the keel, and even a small bit of waste will stop the wheel, just as this did.
- The dancing vibration of its flywheel seemed to regulate the volume of the noisy turbulence.
- There's something jammed down under the flywheel, between it and the keel of the boat, he said.