focus (sth) on sb/sth
— phrasal verb with focus uk /ˈfəʊ.kəs/ us /ˈfoʊ.kəs/ verb -s-
- It's important to focus on your strengths and to minimize your weaknesses.
- At the twiddle of a knob the operators can focus on a tiny amount of airspace or scan the whole area.
- The final status negotiations would focus on the core issues of the peace process.
- We need to get away from generalities and focus on the issues.
- Each unit of the course book focuses on a different grammar point.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- attention span
- be good, and if you can't be good, be careful idiom
- be on (your) guard idiom
- hang on/upon sth
- have a care idiom
- have/keep your ear to the ground idiom
- hedge your bets idiom
- the/a glare of sth idiom
- tread carefully/gently/lightly idiom
- walk on eggs/eggshells idiom