focusnoun [C]uk /ˈfəʊ.kəs/ us /ˈfoʊ-/ (plural focuses or formal foci )
focus noun [C] (CENTRE)
- Education is the current focus of public debate.
- They have narrowed the focus of the investigation, to concentrate on younger adults.
- What is the focus of your report?
- The baby had become the focus of all her energies.
- The focus of the inquiry was on faults in the company's safety procedures.
focus noun [C] (SCIENCE)
focusverbuk /ˈfəʊ.kəs/ us /ˈfoʊ-/ (-s-)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: