folk noun (PEOPLE)
- Can I get you folks some drinks?
- The folk around here are unhappy about the proposed motorway.
- The law is designed to protect folk like us.
- Can the folks at the back hear me?
- There are a lot of old folk in the village.
folk noun (MUSIC)
folkadjective [ before noun ]uk /fəʊk/ us /foʊk/
› traditional to or typical of a particular group or country, especially one where people mainly live in the countryside, and usually passed on from parents to their children over a long period of time:
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words