followingprepositionuk /ˈfɒl.əʊ.ɪŋ/ us /ˈfɑː.loʊ-/
- Oil prices are certain to rise following the agreement to limit production.
- Major changes are expected in the England team following their 3-0 defeat last Saturday.
- The footballer is likely to receive a three-match suspension following an incident in yesterday's game.
- There have been calls for the drug to be withdrawn, following reports that it has dangerous side effects.
- The hospital said she was in a stable condition following the operation.
followingadjectiveuk /ˈfɒl.əʊ.ɪŋ/ us /ˈfɑː.loʊ-/
- The following programme contains scenes that may be disturbing to some viewers.
- The full extent of the damage only became evident the following morning.
- Fair weather was forecast for the following day.
- They arranged to have dinner the following month.
- We arrive in Paris on the Sunday, and leave the following Wednesday.
followingnoun [S]uk /ˈfɒl.əʊ.ɪŋ/ us /ˈfɑː.loʊ-/
following noun [S] (NEXT)
following noun [S] (PEOPLE)