footbridgenoun [ C ]uk /ˈfʊt.brɪdʒ/ us /ˈfʊt.brɪdʒ/
Examples from literature
- 'Now, my girl, we have a great deal to do to-day,' said the old man, when they had crossed the footbridge.
- A small footbridge leads across the moat to the churchyard.
- As he crossed a narrow footbridge, he happened to look down and saw himself reflected in the quiet water as if in a mirror.
- Luckily we found a footbridge lower down the stream.
- Out over the canal stretched footbridges, and these were thickly sown with barbed wire.