forcepsnoun [ plural ]uk /ˈfɔː.seps/ us /ˈfɔːr.seps/
Examples from literature
- Forceps existed for difficult deliveries.
- It was eventually extracted by the forceps through an incision in the oesophagus, and the patient recovered.
- My advice is to take a pair of pincers, or forceps of any kind, and pull it out.
- They can be easily removed with a pair of small forceps or they may be punched out in some instances.
- They should be removed from the caskets in which they are sterilised by means of sterilised forceps, and handed direct to the surgeon.