Foreign Secretarynoun [ C ]uk /ˌfɒr.ən ˈsek.rə.tər.i/ us /ˌfɔːr.ən ˈsek.rə.ter.i/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- I can imagine nothing more terrible than that the Foreign Secretary should have a feeling that perhaps he has brought his country into an unnecessary war.
- I wish I had some influence with the Foreign Secretary, said I, not telling him that the man actually dislikes me, and looks at me as if I were a toad.
- The Foreign Secretary read it over with deliberation.
- There I saw the Foreign Secretary, who, after taking time to think things over, gave me a memorandum he had drawn up.
- We also received this morning from the German Ambassador here the telegram sent to him by the German Foreign Secretary, and communicated by the Ambassador to us.