forelegnoun [ C ]uk /ˈfɔː.leɡ/ us /ˈfɔːr.leɡ/
Examples from literature
- He was thin and exhausted, was blind of one eye, had a bad sore back, and one of his forelegs was very much swollen.
- In the brook lay Sally, with a broken foreleg.
- It was so much taller on its haunches than its shoulders, its forelegs were so disproportionately small, that, in walking, its hind-feet invariably took precedence.
- One of the bullets hit his foreleg paw.
- Valiantly the horse reared his shoulders up, but when he strove to rise the right foreleg dangled helplessly.